Aug 25, 2015

Top Ten Tuedsday ~ Authors we will be studying in YA 101

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

This weeks topic: Top Ten Authors we will be studying in YA 101


We decided to take this prompt a little differently and instead of focusing on specific books, we will be doing authors that we will be studying this semester.



Image result for stephenie meyer

Stephenie Meyer
Stephenie Meyer, the author of the ever popular Twilight series, will be our focus while talking about building unique family relationships in a supernatural world.





Suzanne Collins
Dystopian has become such a popular YA genre we will be looking at the world of The Hunger Games where Suzanne Collins showed her ability to crate an eerily realistic dystopian government in Panem.   




Katie McGarry
While looking at Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits series, we will discover Katie's ablilty to  bring us relevent teen fiction tackling topics that apply to today's teens in a realistic manner.



Colleen Houck

Colleen Houck
Colleen Houck has a unique flair for blending her beautiful stories with a great deal of history and lore.  We will look at her ability to do just that in this segment of our course.



Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen has the profound ability to write YA novels that deal with change through adversity in the lives of her characters.  We will look at her carrier spanning nearly 10 years and how she has stayed relevant through the last decade.



Amy Plum
In Amy Plum's Revenants series she has written a modern day Paris that gives you the feeling of walking with her characters through the Paris streets.  We will study her ability to write such a vivid backdrop.





Cassandra Clare

Cassandra Clare has composed a world within our world filled with all forms of paranormal characters.  We will look at the merging of these characters living within such unique society.



Tiffany King

Tiffany King

Tiffany King has the uncanny ability to write many YA genres.  From her paranormal Saving Angels and Jordyn series, to her emotional Forever Changed and Wishing For Someday Soon, we will look at her writing capabilities to cover such a wide spectrum of writing within the YA world.


Rachel  Harris

Rachel Harris

Rachel Harris has brilliantly crossed the present and the past with her brilliant My Super Sweet 16th Century Series.  We will look at the art of going from present to past, and back to the present with her unique style and flare.



Richelle MeadRichelle Mead
Author of both the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series, we will look at her ability to keep momentum through both of these series, interweaving story lines and crossing characters between both while keeping up fresh and exciting material.






That's our list for this week!  What books and authors are on your list this week?



14 comments:

  1. Fantastic list :-) It looks like you'd be exploring some great authors. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi! I thought this was a fun topic. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love all the authors on this list! XD great list! My TTT: http://simplybookishthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-11-ya-contemporary-101.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin for stopping by. I always like to hear of other bloggers with similar tastes as me.

      Delete
  3. Ooo great list with some spectacular women on it. Some recommendations for you: Colleen Hoover (all of her books!), Tillie Cole (the Sweet Home series) and Becca & Krista Ritchie (the Addicted series). All of their books are amazing!
    P.S. I love Cassandra Clare, got to meet her in July and totally fangirled and may have half-shouted "I love Simon" at her! Think I scared her a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually read my first Colleen Hoover book(s) this summer! I really enjoyed them! I read Tillie Cole's "It's Not Me Babe" last month and didn't care for it but I may look into this other series of hers as well as the Addicted series. Thanks for the recommendations! I would LOVE to meet Cassandra Clare! She is an amazing author and I would be fangirling hard as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love your list! Its great ho wyou explained why you chose each author. Good job :)

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-fantasy-101/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  5. Kristalyn thanks for this great course. I would totally take it (I love Cassie Clare and Suzanne Collins) but I have never read Richelle Mead and have heard great things about her books. I'm loving this week's topic because I get to find new authors to pick up. :-)

    My TTT: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-books-that-would-be-on-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! This was a fun one to put together. Richelle Mead has been a favorite of mine for a long time! I started reading her when the first Vampire Academy book came out. I waited for every single one of them but it was well worth it. I love finding new authors as well! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  6. Nice twist on the YA theme I've been seeing a lot today! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie! Thanks for stopping by today! I love YA so much. I'm looking forward to hopping around for a while and seeing what everyone else has done with things. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love that you highlighted authors instead of specific books, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the interesting twist on this week's topic!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-19/

    ReplyDelete